Help ... again!

Got a computer problem? Post it here....somebody may have the answer!!
Carol

Help ... again!

Post by Carol » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:29 am

This one is worrying me! Every couple of seconds, the egg timer comes up next to the cursor & the screen flashes .. it seems to be when the touch pad (instead of mouse) is being used, ie. as I type this ..

When we use the normal cordless mouse, which o/h prefers to use, the screen still flashes, but the egg timer doesn't come up .. ?

Any ideas on this .. sometimes you see the image of a rectangle over the centre of the screen .. maybe the image of the speedtouch connect panel ...?

The screen was replaced not long after Christmas ... when it just went black ..

:doh: :( :cry:

Carol

Post by Carol » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:09 pm

I was panicking .. but it seems to have sorted itself out .. :Cheer: Not doing it tonight!

Sojoko
Site Admin

Post by Sojoko » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:17 am

Just to be on the safe side, run your anti spyware program(s) [make sure you have the latest updates!!]......I wouldn't think there is anything to worry about (going on your description) but better safe than sorry!!

Only other suggestion I can make is to check that your touchpad software/drivers are as up to date as possible!! Go to the website of whoever manufactured the touchpad and check they haven't released any updates!!

patootie

Post by patootie » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:38 am

Just a thought and probably way off the mark .. but could it be your AV doing a virus check ??

AVG has a panel that comes up in the middle of the screen .. and occasionally when I boot up I see the 'ghost' of the panel now and then ... and when it's doing it's full auto run virus check it does slow down my computer quite a bit .. so things seem to be taking a while to run and I do sometimes get the 'eggtimer' appear :roll:

Then again my computer is well over 5 years old now and prone to having odd the alzheimer'ish moments now and then :?

Carol

Post by Carol » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:10 am

:) Thanks both! Worth looking into ...