blocked senders

Got a computer problem? Post it here....somebody may have the answer!!
fran14

blocked senders

Post by fran14 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:46 am

can anyone help and tell me how to delete all blocked senders in outlokk express at once as i tried deleting them one at a time and theyt come back
thanks
fran14
yvonne Parsons
hope you have lots of wins

aliens

Post by aliens » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:07 am

fran14

Post by fran14 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:25 am

it would if i ubderstood it
fran14
yvonne Parsons

BobMason

Blocked Senders List

Post by BobMason » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:27 pm

In Windows XP Outlook Express, there is no simple way of clearing the blocked senders list without editing the registry. Unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing or you are experienced enough to be able to completely reload your computer including Windows then the registry is not a place to experiment. Make a mistke in the registry and your computer can become completely unusable - I do not say this lightly because I usually encourge folks to experiment.

There is another way to look at this problem - don't use the blocked senders list but instead use a mail filter to get rid of unwanted mail. A good example of this is MailWasher - http://www.mailwasher.net/

This program once setup will filter out everything you say is spam and is remarkably accurate (I have used this program for about three years now in Windows 2000, Windows XP and Vista). It doesn't need any registry tweaks and it does its own clearing up.

To sum up :-
Download and install MailWasher or a similar program (The family name is spam filters)
Empty the blocked senders list the only way that is safe - that is one at a time
Stop using the Blocked senders list and let the spam filter do the work

Hope this helps

Bob
When it comes to computers, I believe there is no such thing as a SILLY QUESTION :D

fran14

Post by fran14 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:18 pm

hI THANKS VERY MUCH YOU ARE ALWAYS A HELP
FRAN14
yvonne Parsons