OUTLOOK EXPRESS

Got a computer problem? Post it here....somebody may have the answer!!
fran14

OUTLOOK EXPRESS

Post by fran14 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:56 pm

mY OUTLOOKM EXPRESS SEEMS TO BE PLAYING UP SOMETIMES IT JUST FREEZES AND WILL NOT DELETE MESSAGES I HAVE TO CLOSE AND GO BACK ON ANY IDEAS
FRAN14
yvonne Parsons
hope you have lots of wins

wiganone

Post by wiganone » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:46 pm

:shock: I've had no e mails at all today until 15 mins ago! I'm on outllok express BUT put on to Incredimail, had to reset everything :( took me ages! :(
Denise x

dawn1

Post by dawn1 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:21 am

i am having problems with outlook express and internet explorer freezing, its been happening for a couple of weeks now and driving me mad :cry:
MY FAIRY HAS RETURNED TO SPRINKLE LUCKY MAGIC WINNING DUST ON YOU ALL

BobMason

Outlook Express / Internet browser freezing

Post by BobMason » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:50 am

This is a fairly common problem that anyone who uses the internet heavily will get. Everytime you go to a web page your computer stores a copy of the page. Likewise you store a copy of emails opened and read.

You can deal with this in several ways but the two favourite are these
  • Download a Utility called Clear XP History from [url]http:\\www.omega-cottage.co.uk/jcxp.zip[/url] to your desktop. Unzipp it and run it - the first time it may take quite a while to delete all the temp and other files but if you use it at the end of every session on it will take just a few seconds and you will notice your computer runs a lot smoother and much quicker - It works on any XP Computer and works quite well in Vista. I can't promise it will work on any version of windows earlier than XP SP1
  • The second way to delete all the junk is to open Internet Explorer - Go to Tools Internet Options and look for the buttons that let you delete Temp files, Cookies and Temporary Internet Pages. I can't give you specific instructions as IE 5, 6 & 7 all do it slightly differently as do Firefox, Safari and all the other popular browsers but the principal is the same for them all
Hope this helps

Bob
When it comes to computers, I believe there is no such thing as a SILLY QUESTION :D

wiganone

Post by wiganone » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:46 am

:Cheer: Thanks bob :notworthy:
Denise x

fran14

Post by fran14 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:58 am

thanks alot
fran14
yvonne Parsons
hope you have lots of wins