Bookmarks

Got a computer problem? Post it here....somebody may have the answer!!
zomzoms

Bookmarks

Post by zomzoms » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:44 am

Hi all

Wasn't sure whether to post this in the discussion area or here..... I logged on this evening to find that all of my bookmarks on Firefox (talking about 100's with all my comp, craft & veggie sites :( ) have disappeared!

Whilst I've been able to remember some of the main sites, there was no chance with things like current daily & monthly comps and comp resources/help.... I have bookmarked those here on the forum but wondered if anybody had any more links they could share :D :hugs:

Also is it possible to save the saved bookmarks in anyway, so that if this happens again I'd have a back up copy?

Many thanks
Debz

kagsyturner
Site Admin

Post by kagsyturner » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:57 am

Eeeek, sorry zoms, can't help, sounds like a problem for BobMason to give you some advice about?
DO YOU NEED A WII??Then go for one here!!!

BobMason

Bookmarks in Mozilla

Post by BobMason » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:14 pm

To back up Bookmarks

Go to Mozilla > Bookmarks on the tool bar > Organise Bookmarks > In the dialogue Box that opens go to File > Export and choose somewhere safe to save them.

If you lose them do the same again except File > Import > Select from File > Go to where you saved them and import them

For Internet Explorer users the Favfourites Folder is in C:\Documents and Settings\%your Account%\Favourites and the helpful people at Microshaft have made the folder have a cute star on it so you can find it. Copy the folder to somewhere else on your Hard Drive and you ahve backed it up. To replace it just copy it to the default Favourites folder .

Hope this helps

Bob

PS
Thanks for the reccomendation Kagsy
When it comes to computers, I believe there is no such thing as a SILLY QUESTION :D

zomzoms

Post by zomzoms » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:13 pm

:D Thank you so much for your help.
I use Firefox and had seen export/import in organise bookmarks but didn't know what they did :oops: ...... now I do, I will be using them!
Debz