Its driviing me mad

Got a computer problem? Post it here....somebody may have the answer!!
anndave

Its driviing me mad

Post by anndave » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:03 pm

:( plz help i keep getting a message saying Generic Host Process for Win32 has encountered a problem and needs to close. I have to restart my pc to get internet back on but it only stays on for so long then does the same thing again, any ideas plz :(

BobMason

Post by BobMason » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:33 pm

Hi

Bad news I'm afraid. You have an unstable computer which is in the process of losing address of the system files. Experience has taught me that the only sure cure for problems of that type is :-
  • Back the computer up ASAP making sure you have an off machine copy of everything you can't afford to lose.
    If you know how, run a physical check on your RAM, Hard Drive and processor. If not get the machine to someone who does
    If the hardware is OK - Run a THOROUGH virus check preferably from DOS
    If you are not infected - Run Windows setup in repair mode
If you are happy taking the cover off your machine and getting stuck in then have a go. If not, get help fast before the machine falls over and you lose your precious data

Hope this helps

Bob
When it comes to computers, I believe there is no such thing as a SILLY QUESTION :D

patootie

Post by patootie » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:40 pm

There is quite a lot of info here .. some of it may be helpful ..

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894391

I just stuck "Generic Host Process for Win32" in google and came up with quite a few help sites .. :Cheer:

anndave

Post by anndave » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:47 am

:D thanks i had a recovery disk so i wiped pc and started over again everything is fine now :P

BobMason

Post by BobMason » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:00 am

It is nice to hear of someone managing to solve problems and getting back to normal even if it is hard work.
When it comes to computers, I believe there is no such thing as a SILLY QUESTION :D