Utilities software

Got a computer problem? Post it here....somebody may have the answer!!
patootie

Utilities software

Post by patootie » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:06 pm

I was looking for Partition freeware and came across this selection of useful utilities ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/digitallife/ ... rgetRule=0

kagsyturner
Site Admin

Post by kagsyturner » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:15 pm

Thanks toots, very useful :D
DO YOU NEED A WII??Then go for one here!!!

suemw50

Post by suemw50 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:38 pm

:neutral: Erm, 'scuse me being thick an' all, but what on earth is partition freeware??

I've just watched Dr Who and it sounds familiar :wink: :oops:

patootie

Post by patootie » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:26 pm

I want to partition my hard drive ... make two separate drives instead of just one .. :oops:

I want to leave my Windows ME on the old C drive ... but set up XP on a new D drive ... you see the XP version I have is pretty old (a 1st version copy) so I don't really want to set it up on my existing drive in case I can't get it to work properly or update it ...

But I'm having trouble finding a decent freeware partitioner that will work with my Windows ME ... they all seem to be for XP

So .. I think I might just have to fork out for a very cheap laptop just so I can get all the new versions of software ... it'll be cheaper to buy a laptop in the end than pay out for a new systems software ..

And that's the problem I have with my computer it's coming up to be 6 years old ... so all my software is fast becoming obsolete ... the computer is fine ... it works ok ... but it just can't keep up with all the new whizz bang gadgetry that many sites now use ...